Is this true for you? Depression and stress affect your emotions, your physical wellness, and the quality of your life and relationships.
Here are just a few ways stress can affect you: relationship problems, intimacy difficulties, depression, anxiety, heart attacks, stroke, high blood pressure, and immune system disturbances. Even common colds last longer when we are stressed!
Symptoms of Depression and Stress:
- Disrupted sleep (trouble falling or staying asleep or waking up early)
- “The Blues” (sad mood)
- Reduction in sexual desire or performance
- Too much anxiety, worry, guilt, nervousness
- Decreased productivity
- Racing thoughts
- Problems with concentration
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Frequent headaches, jaw clenching or pain
- Neck ache, back pain, muscle spasms
- Heartburn, stomach pain, nausea
if you are experiencing any of these symptoms of stress, consider getting some Stress Counseling support at IE Counseling Center. There are many practical strategies to help you minimize the stress and overwhelm in your life while maintaining and improving your health, productivity, and happiness.
Benefits of Stress Counseling include:
- Sharper thinking and concentration
- Better decision making
- Ability to prioritize tasks including other people’s requests
- Enhanced productivity
- More peace of mind and ease
- Better relationships and communication
- Less tension in the body
- Improved mood – happier, more easy-going
- Improved sleep
Myth: Stress helps you get a lot done.
Stress clouds our thinking and actually makes simple tasks take longer. However, when you have easy ways to release stress throughout the day, you have more energy and more cognitive awareness. This means life easier.
Don’t let stress eat away at your health and your relationships.
At IE Counseling Center, we want to help you reduce and release your stress – and are looking forward to helping you find the ease, good health, and happiness you deserve.