Couples counseling can help with the following relationship problems:
- Premarital counseling
- Infidelity, cheating, and trust issues due to texting other people, hiding cell phones, or even affairs
- Desire to increase or repair intimacy
- Not feeling loved
- Not sure if they want to stay or go
- Balancing demanding work and life schedules
- Exploring what is next (marriage? kids? purchasing a home?)
- Navigating co-parenting or blending households
- Couples deciding about monogamy
Please don’t wait any longer. Our licensed marriage counselors at IE Counseling Center (949) 393-8662 want to help. Because, like a leaky roof, problems fixed early are easier to solve.
Call us today at (949) 393-8662 or text us (949) 393-8662 for an appointment or more information.
Excellent news! Couples counseling can help with:
- Trust broken and emotional or physical affairs (cheating)
- More roommates than lovers
- Loss of connection and communication
- Feeling continually misunderstood
- Loss of love: (“I love you but I am not in-love with you anymore.”)
Let’s see how we can make things better.
Most couples can solve or reduce their problems with new habits and ways of looking at things. The good news is that everyone can learn these skills if they are ready and want to. We can’t guarantee to save every relationship, but we believe in love and we want to help make it easier and better for you.
How do we go about couples counseling?
In the beginning, things are easy – almost perfect.
As time goes on, each partner realizes that all is not perfect -not even close. How each partner deals with their differences are what is the predictor of happy relationships or breakups.
This is where couples counseling comes in. The licensed counselors at IE Counseling Center are experts at listening to and respecting each partner’s concerns and quickly identifying solutions.
Tips for finding a good Couples Counselor
Most counselors have been trained and are experienced with many types of therapy but their caseload is mostly filled with individuals. Sadly, many psychotherapists who perform Couples’ Therapy do not have advanced training to do couples therapy well.
We have found through experience and research that the most effective couples’ therapy combines skill-building with feedback and insight on communication patterns and processes and often includes regular homework assignments. A good couple’s therapist will not just referee the fight of the week and act as a referee. These types of sessions do not teach you how to be better partners and are not likely to produce any long-lasting changes in relationship patterns.
So when you’re choosing a couples’ therapist, be sure to ask them
- How active and directive are you in sessions?
- How many couples’ or marriage counseling sessions do you do weekly? (HINT: If it’s less than 5-10, they are not likely doing couples counseling as a focus and they may not be as experienced in working with this modality.)
Many of the therapists are IE Counseling Center primarily focus on couples counseling. Is it time for you to give couples counseling a try? Call our Client Ambassador for more information about our couples counselors.